KetOil Shrimp & Grits
See full FaceBook Video HERE
2 tbsp. melted KetoSports KetOil
1 lb. raw shrimp (tail-on)
¼ tsp. lemon zest
¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
¼ tsp. chili powder
¼ tsp Himalayan sea salt
½ cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
2 scallions (chopped)
1 garlic clove (finely minced)
¼ cup fire roasted diced tomatoes
¼ tsp Cajun seasoning
¼ tsp smoked paprika
½ cup bone broth
2 tbsp. coconut milk
1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 large head cauliflower
2 tbsp. parmesan cheese
2 tbsp. cream cheese
salt to taste
- Start by bringing a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cut cauliflower into chunks and boil until al dente (tender but not soft) about 15 minutes.
- Now, drain the cauliflower and transfer to a food processor. Pulse until coarse in texture. Then add parmesan cheese and cheese cream and pulse until smooth. Taste and season with salt, if necessary.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of KetOil in a large skillet.
- While oil is heating, toss shrimp with lemon zest, chili powder, pepper flakes, and salt.
- Add shrimp to the skillet and sear until pink (about 3 minutes on each side). Remove shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
- Now, lower the heat to medium, add cherry tomatoes, scallions and garlic to the pan and sauté until tomatoes are tender. Then add in fire roasted diced tomatoes, Cajun seasoning, paprika and bone broth. Simmer for a few minutes.
- To complete the sauce, stir in coconut milk and lemon juice. Return the shrimp to the pan and simmer for a couple of minutes. Taste and season with salt, if necessary.
- Serve immediately with “grits” and enjoy.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Net Carbs: 6.7g